Paul’s death

Discuss the band.

Re: Paul’s death

Postby Jiff » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:29 pm

Sad news. Glad I managed to see him join Poco in Salem Oregon in 2019. He wasn't looking too great then, but played and sang well. One of my favorite musicians. Like Rusty, not many can sing, write and play guitar at that level. Nice guy. When I spoke English at their meet and greet in Nice, France he perked right up and we talked a little.

Not coming to this forum very often, I didn't know he passed away until a friend told me yesterday, three weeks after his passing. Plenty broadcast of Dusty Hill and Charlie Watts, some of Nanci Griffith and Don Everly, but I didn't see anything on Paul, a far superior entertainer in the music world.

My thoughts on Paul and other musicians that have passed away at the Mthead board:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/mtheads/viewtopic.php?p=19918#p19918

Chris Cotton, Paul, Crystal and Poconut, Zog, at The Coachhouse in1987, and me with Paul and bassist Jack Sundrud after Nice concert, 2005::

Jiff

Postby woogie » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:05 am

Thanks John & Sue no problem like you I just look in now and then nobody seems to come here now.Yes it's hard and we will never get over it,seems to be all doom and gloom lately but when it's your own that's when it really hurts.Woogster.
woogie

Paul sings Days Gone By at The Bottom Line - 1992

Postby Jiff » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:18 pm

At You Tube:
https://youtu.be/XT32rPZZqQk

An intense vocal by Paul with facial zoom. Rusty takes the short solo on a six string. Kind of rare when Paul is on stage too.

I attended this show at The Bottom Line in 1992 and wrote about it at the Poco board. It was televised in Japan. Poconut Tsuyoshi Saito sent me his recording of it from Japan. I loaded it to YT back then but was ordered to remove it by the owner. Today I loaded only Days Gone By from the program and immediately got this, "Your video is ineligible for monetization due to a copyright claim." Also read that it was okay to load it and will not be a strike against me for copyright infringement.

I have Stagecoach 2009 videos too. Looking to clean up the jitter then load a couple.
Jiff

Postby Jiff » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:33 pm

CimarronJim2012 wrote:
Some day Poco will make it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's too bad Paul and Rusty will miss that experience. When that finally happens I think more people will (finally!) discover one of the most underrated rock bands ever.

I follow David Crosby at Twitter. Today he responded to a thread asking who you would put in the Rock Hall. He wrote, "Little Feat".

I read through about 100 answers to the question, several people listing several that they would like to see inducted, many pretty obscure. Not a single one listed Poco. I wrote Poco, The Jayhawks and Wilco. None of them listed.
Jiff

Postby duffyb » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:11 am

duffyb

The Bottom Line Program -1992

Postby Jiff » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm

I loaded the entire Bottom Line NYC program with Poco from 1992 to You Tube. Six songs:
https://youtu.be/P84NZsgO5S4
Jiff

Postby StevenT » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:30 pm

Thank you Jiff for posting this great video.

My first Poco concert (1993 in Colorado) included this same lineup. Upon hearing/seeing "Heart Of The Night" live that evening, I was hooked from that point forward.

Getting to see the different lineups over the years kept these shows fresh over the decades.

Absolutely great memories!
StevenT

Previous

Return to Poco Discussion