Remembering Naomi - PinkPlaidPensyllvaniaPoconut

Discuss the band.

Remembering Naomi - PinkPlaidPensyllvaniaPoconut

Postby studiogirl » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:42 pm

I had an interesting opportunity today. In 2008, I visited Naomi at her home in Pennsylvania. At the time, she was selling some things because she needed the money. I bought her flamingo pink Stratocaster knock-off and its neon pink gig bag. Of course they were pink!! The guitar needed some work but I didn't want to deal with it then. It's been sitting with my music gear since 2008. I've thought about fixing it up and donating it to a youth music program but never did.

Fast forward to today: my bandmate, Howard, has a small amp that was at my house. He was here to do some other stuff and mentioned that he wanted to give the amp to someone, so I got it out to go with him. I asked who he was giving it to, and he told me the girlfriend of the drummer in another band wanted to learn to play guitar but the guitar she was given was a big ol' acoustic, and she is petite. The acoustic was just too big. Howard said he was going to find a small electric for her and give her the amp and whatever guitar he came up with.

At that moment, I thought of Naomi's pink Strat and brought it out. Howard said it was perfect...and very girly!! It will work nicely with the little amp.

What makes it all so special is that this petite woman, the new owner of the pink Strat, is named Naomi.
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Re: Remembering Naomi - PinkPlaidPensyllvaniaPoconut

Postby mcdtj » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:07 am

It's amazing how things work out sometimes. Could be a coincidence that you were able to help out our Naomi in her time of need 15 years ago. Could be a coincidence that you kept Naomi's guitar and gig bag for 15 years even though you never used them. Could be a coincidence that the other petite Naomi decided to take up guitar now and all the gear that would fit her was available at your house. Yep, it ALL could be a coincidence.

But I doubt it.
mcdtj

Return to Poco Discussion