Poco Mustang at Bensalem Car Show!!!!!!

Forum to upload all of your Poco related images! Upload images as attachments or display them in your posts. Images must be in either .jpg or .gif format.

Poco Mustang at Bensalem Car Show!!!!!!

Postby Naomipocofan » Sun May 22, 2011 7:42 pm

This Mustang was at the Bensalem Auto Show in Bensalem, PA on May 21, 2011. I tried to find the owner a few times, but he was not around.
PocoMustang.jpg
PocoMustang.jpg (102.59 KiB) Viewed 27451 times
We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box. ~Robert Fulghum
Naomipocofan

Re: Poco Mustang at Bensalem Car Show!!!!!!

Postby mary » Sun May 22, 2011 9:14 pm

nice, any claimers here on this website???
email me for international merch orders, Mary Young
pocomerch@gmail.com
mary

Postby coloradogirl » Tue May 24, 2011 11:30 am

COOOl!!!!! :o
"Sometimes we are all we got."
coloradogirl

Postby Dar » Wed May 25, 2011 12:40 pm

8-)
Dar

Postby randall » Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 am

I do not like that red stripe through the legend horse!!
randall

Postby tajoshki » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:34 am

Is it Vintage?? I look creepy to me.
tajoshki

Postby kevinquirk » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:23 pm

It's a great looking car.
Better with the Legend Horse.
I did some similar work on my restored 1970 Corvette under the theme of "Wild Horses". It get's a load of attention at the shows.
Does he have a name? I found some history on Wikipedia about it.

Poco Bueno a brown quarter horse stallion foaled April 10, 1944. He was sired by the great Quarter horse stallion King P-234 and out of the mare Miss Taylor who was by Old Poco Bueno. Poco Bueno was named for his maternal grandsire, and the name means pretty good in Spanish. Poco Bueno is the stallion that is linked to the genetic disease Hereditary Equine Regional Dermal Asthenia (HERDA) in stock horses.

He was a plain brown horse with no white markings at all. When mature, he stood about 15 hands high and weighed about 1200 pounds.

Poco Bueno earned his American Quarter Horse Association, or AQHA, Championship and dominated the quarter horse breed for decades. He was purchased by E. Paul Waggoner, of the Waggoner Ranch near Vernon, Texas in 1945 for $5,700. His show career started when he was named champion yearling stallion at the Texas Cowboy Reunion Quarter Horse Show in Stamford, Texas. He was grand champion stallion in the 1940s at Denver's National Western Stock Show, the Southwestern Exposition and Fat Stock Show in Fort Worth, State Fair of Texas in Dallas and the American Royal Livestock Show in Kansas City.

As a 4-year-old, in 1948, Poco Bueno started his performance career as a cutting horse. He was the first quarter horse to be insured for $100,000.00. Poco Bueno sired 405 registered AQHA foals, 222 were performers. His most successful crosses were on the daughters of Blackburn. Among his famous get were Poco Stampede, Poco Tivio, Poco Lena, Poco Mona, Poco Bob, Poco Dell, and Poco Pine.

Poco Bueno died November 28, 1969. Mr. Waggoner left specific instructions in his will that Poco Bueno was to be buried in a standing position in a grave across from the ranch entrance on Texas Highway 283. The plot of ground was landscaped with trees and grass. A granite marker, weighing four tons, was engraved with his name, picture and the following: "Champion and Sire of Champions". In 1990, Poco Bueno was inducted into the American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame.
kevinquirk

Postby Poodleman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:01 pm

must be a different 'poco bueno'
Howl if you love Ludlow! ♦ My favorite color is clear. ♦ Do you have crust on your pizza?

My favorite band: http://www.myspace.com/fabulouspoodles777879

Which one's Neil? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1TCNU1XWFg
Poodleman

Return to Images