Poco in Manaroneck

Discuss the band.

Poco in Manaroneck

Postby marc » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Just a couple of observations about the Poco show on Friday: Poco is a 2 Guitar band again and the Pedal Steel is up front not only on stage but in the set and I think that’s a great thing. Lex looked right at home. He played some mandolin and fiddle along with a lot of a very familiar looking Guitar. I’m hoping as time goes by that the fiddle will become a more important part of the set because what Lex did play sounded really good and seems to be a nice compliment to the music. It certainly adds something new to the mix.

This could get really interesting and we’re looking forward to seeing them again in a couple of weeks at Wildwood.

Marc-
marc

Re: Poco in Manaroneck

Postby calrickster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Marc, great write up. Last night in South Orange was magical from my perspective. Having Rusty play PS front and center throughout the show was great. Jack and Rick were both steady, as always, and Lex is a great musician and welcome addition to the band! The guys sounded great last night! It’s always so cool to get to say hi to them after the show! I’m still Fired Up!
Rick
calrickster

Postby mcdtj » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:35 pm

So, did Lex sing?
mcdtj

Postby wheland » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Good to hear the great reviews of the new lineup. I was unable to get to the SOPAC show but hope to see this new lineup soon.

I'm especially happy to hear that the PSG is more prominent again . Looking forward to that aspect the most.

Dennis
wheland

Postby marc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 am

Yes, Lex did sing.

Marc-
marc

Postby mcdtj » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 pm

[quote="marc"]

Yes, Lex did sing.

Great!! With all four members capable of singing, there are opportunites for 3 and 4 part harmony.

And the keyboards are gone, but the psg is back.

All in all, not a bad set of changes, imo.
mcdtj

Postby fanjack12 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 pm

How did Hard Country sound without the old lineup, or didn't play maybe?
fanjack12

Postby TonySTL » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:48 pm

fanjack12 wrote:How did Hard Country sound without the old lineup, or didn't play maybe?

It would be different, but in the way Rusty has helped morph Poco, it will be fine! If it was left out for, maybe...

Indian Summer?

Spoiler alert: If you want to be surprised, don't click.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7QEI4uXi9Y

It'd be okay with me. Looking forward to Wildwood 2018 Halloween fest. Hope George G is feeling well and can attend...always great to see him.

Will miss Michael's keys in ROC but I know I'll enjoy what Lex brings to that favorite!

Steelville in just over a week!

P.S. Happy Birthday PatM!
TonySTL

Return to Poco Discussion