RFB

Discuss the band.

RFB

Postby hiro » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am

RFB is playing whole Deliverin live. If Poco was disbanded, it's ok. But Poco is still ALIVE and movin on. I wonder Richie got permission from Rusty? If Richie wanna play Deliverin', he'd better play with Poco.

Plus, maybe David Stone or Richie posted Eagles videos on 50 years of Poco group on FB.

What do you think?
hiro

Re: RFB

Postby studiogirl » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Except for two songs, Richie wrote or co-wrote every song on the Deliverin' album. And because Messina regularly performs "Kind Woman", I don't think it's a problem for RFB to do "You'd Better Think Twice". Also, Poco does "Child's Claim to Fame", among others written by Richie, so I don't see a problem for RFB to do "Grand Junction".

As far as fans posting Eagles videos...why would that matter?
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Poco setlists

Postby Jiff » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:49 pm

Poco has been playing songs by former Poco members. I'd like to see a Poco concert in which they play only songs Rusty wrote.
Jiff

Re: Poco setlists

Postby Tabasco » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:04 am

Jiff wrote:Poco has been playing songs by former Poco members. I'd like to see a Poco concert in which they play only songs Rusty wrote.

I also love that they still work in a few Paul Cotton songs. He was such a big part of Poco, it is nice to honor him, the band and the fans this way. It's all good.
Tabasco

Postby wheland » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:37 am

It's bad enough that we can't get the people together to play even for a 50th anniversary but now some people don't even want the people who helped make the tunes loved by the fans to be able to play them ?

I'd love to hear Poco do something like Richie is doing right now and play an entire album live. I can think of a couple of perfect examples for Poco to do.

Richie and his band brought "Crazy eyes" live to the fans a few years back and did a tremendous job of it. They are now doing a killer version of Deliverin' live. We should all be thankful for getting three separate bands keeping much of Poco's music alive out there. Yeah it would be great if they played together but that doesn't seem to be in the cards so let's just celebrate what we've got while we still have it.

I spoke with Richie the morning after his Sellersville show and he was feeling his years. He loves what he's doing but he's no spring chicken so get out there and see him live if you can - and Jim and Rusty (and Tim if he comes around again). Yeah it's not the same as it was but they are all doing some fine work out there. It's not always going to be there so get it while you can.

Dennis
wheland

Postby studiogirl » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks, Dennis. That's exactly what needs to be said. The music belongs to all of us!! Whoever performs it is keeping it alive. Can't wait to see RFB and "DeLIVErin'" next month!!
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby mcdtj » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:49 pm

studiogirl wrote:Can't wait to see RFB and "DeLIVErin'" next month!!

Wow. I just looked at the RFB tour dates in California for November. It's a "bounty of riches" (or Richies) for the 'nuts out West! How many of these shows are you attending, SG?

He's playing a solo gig in Boca Raton, FL next weekend, which is about 30 minutes from my house. Alas, it's a private performance.
mcdtj

Postby studiogirl » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:40 pm

mcdtj wrote:Wow. I just looked at the RFB tour dates in California for November. It's a "bounty of riches" (or Richies) for the 'nuts out West! How many of these shows are you attending, SG?

He's playing a solo gig in Boca Raton, FL next weekend, which is about 30 minutes from my house. Alas, it's a private performance.

I'm going to two...Troubadour and Coach House. Can't get away to Bakersfield or Berkeley, unfortunately. Should be fun, though...haven't seen Richie at the Troubadour since the 1970s!!!
:shock: :o 8-)
"Do a little dance,
Take a little chance..."

--(Young & Young)
studiogirl

Postby TonySTL » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:15 pm

studiogirl wrote:
mcdtj wrote:Wow. I just looked at the RFB tour dates in California for November. It's a "bounty of riches" (or Richies) for the 'nuts out West! How many of these shows are you attending, SG?

I'm going to two...Troubadour and Coach House. Can't get away to Bakersfield or Berkeley, unfortunately. Should be fun, though...haven't seen Richie at the Troubadour since the 1970s!!!
:shock: :o 8-)

After talking to John and Ileen, I am bummed that I didn't make arrangements to come to the show at the Coach House! The Standing only at the Troubadour is not too appealing to me.

What I've heard of the RFB doing Deliverin is quite a treat. By the way, that IS an organ on the RFB's version of Deliverin' <smile> I'm pretty sure that Rusty would be totally fine with it. If Richie wanted to play with a lot of rotten musicians and try to do a Poco thing, it'd be sad but Richie Furay is great and he, like Rusty surrounds himself with excellent musicians! Jimmy is always honoring of Poco when he plays Kind Woman and a few of his contributions.
My take is that Poco has given me a 50 year dinner of excellent music, with the last 25 being pretty much desserts. I will keep eating the desserts and enjoying each mix until I am forced to leave the table!

Besides, with Rusty and Richie carrying on, there is more opportunities for fresh things and twists on old favorites and who wants to hear the same old thing until it falls apart and cracks up? That's a sad legacy. This is just a win for fans of Poco's longevity in many forms and main and supporting personnel.
TonySTL

Return to Poco Discussion