Paul’s death

Discuss the band.

Paul’s death

Postby duffyb » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:54 am

I came here looking for solace after hearing about Paul’s death and surprised to find nothing posted yet. It was ‘unexpected’ but we’ve been hearing less and less about him in the last few months. This and Rusty’s passing has been quite a blow to my psyche.
duffyb

Re: Paul’s death

Postby marc » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:38 am

Happy Trails Paul.

Marc-
marc

Re: Norman Paul Cotton (1943-2021, R.I.P.)

Postby StevenT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:30 am

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/paul-cotton-dies-at-78.

Paul never ceased to impress me with his ability to evoke amazing visual imagery just through his songwriting and playing.

Besides his contributions to Poco, his When The Coast Is Clear was a brilliant realization of a vision for a nautical-themed masterpiece.

Happy Sails, Captain!
StevenT

Postby Denbo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:36 am

No, not Paul!!

He was one of my heroes. Hit music just spoke to me. Had a chance to meet him several times and he was such a nice man. Actually I found him almost shy. That just endeared him to me more.

Poco fans have had to rally together what with Rusty passing and now Paul. In my CD collection, Poco is always my go to band, occupying 16 CDs. Any time I am down or needed a lift, I played Poco. Paul was such a great songwriter, singer, and guitarist. Firebird is truly a great, great solo album. I just wish more people appreciated this underrated band. Good music, good memories.

We miss you Paul and Rusty.
Denbo

Postby woogie » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:03 am

I am so sorry to hear of Pauls passing and so near to Rusty.Poco have been my favourite band for over 40 years.I was sad when Paul left the band and being in the UK never seemed to hear much of him since then apart from the odd visit to his website.I remember him saying he and Rusty would ride off together so I hope that's what they are doing now.Condolences to Pauls family, I just lost my daughter and know how it feels to lose someone you love.RIP Paul, going to miss all those tasty riffs.
woogie

Postby Wayne » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:47 am

I am at a loss. To me, Paul was half of Poco along with Rusty. May you both RIP.
Thank you Poco for making the last 53 years a little more pleasant by supplying a wonderful soundtrack to my life.
Wayne
Wayne

Postby Wayne » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:50 am

Also, Woogie, so sorry to hear of the loss of your Daughter. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. My condolences to you.
Wayne
Wayne

Postby woogie » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:24 am

Thanks Wayne for your wishes to me,yep it's tough my lovely daughter passed away on 10th June after a 5year battle with the big c.She was 50years old and we all miss her terribly, don't know what else to say.Woogster. I nearly forgot my best buddy Wayne had a heart attack and died recently, man it's all too much.
woogie

Postby CimarronJim2012 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:55 pm

I just heard about Paul's passing. Kind of shocking so soon after we lost Rusty. We are so very lucky that Paul left us with such a tremendous body of work. Where to begin--great guitarist, singer, songwriter. Although it's impossible to pick one favorite Paul or Poco song, Indian Summer has always been very special to me. Others high on my list are Ride the Country, Days Gone By, Under the Gun, Heart of the Night, and Running Horse.

Some day Poco will make it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's too bad Paul and Rusty will miss that experience. When that finally happens I think more people will (finally!) discover one of the most underrated rock bands ever.

"Happy Trails" to Paul
CimarronJim2012

Postby volpi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:25 am

Condolances from us miss talking to the Poconuts some have gone to facebook. Sorry Woogie we were not there for you.
John and Sue
volpi

Next

Return to Poco Discussion